Advocating For You and the Best Interests of Your Child
When parents separate or divorce, they must establish a plan for child custody and visitation. The plan will detail how they will share access to their children. Many parents use mediation to this end because mediation is a very effective way of jointly reaching the important decisions they must make. A skilled mediation attorney can help parents ensure what is truly best for their children. The attorneys at Warren Major LLP can provide sound legal guidance to help you reach a fair and equitable Child Custody and Visitation Agreement through mediation.
Protecting your parental rights
When parents cannot agree on about child custody and visitation, they need to seek the assistance of an skilled child custody attorney to ensure fair and equitable access to their children.
If you and your ex-spouse cannot reach an amicable Child Custody Agreement, the attorneys at Warren Major LLP will advocate strongly for you and the “the best interests of your child.” We know how to pursue your parenting time goals. This will be done eloquently and effectively, during negotiations and in court. We will work hard to minimize the potential negative emotional impact of your divorce on your children and help you to move on with your life.
- Do you suspect that your soon-to-be former spouse is trying to “get back at you” through your children?
- Is your former souse using your children as bargaining chips to achieve or obtain something else?
- Is a parental relocation outside the state threatening your participation in your child’s upbringing?
- Are you an unmarried noncustodial parent who seeks a greater role in your child’s life?
Warren Major LLP has legal solutions for your concerns. We will work with you to create a course of action that can keep your family together before, during and after a divorce.
Terminology you need to know
- “Custody” is a legal term that refers to the responsibilities of raising children.
- “Legal Custody” refers to the responsibility of making decisions regarding a child’s health, education and welfare.
- “Physical Custody” refers to the day-to-day care of a child, and place of residence.
A “Parenting Plan” is a written schedule and the arrangements parents follow in raising their children.
- The primary purpose of a Parenting Plan is to ensure that the needs of the children will be taken care of when the couple separates.
- A comprehensive Parenting Plan can help reduce future conflict by setting clear guidelines and expectations moving forward.
If you need sound legal guidance regarding the custody of your children, the highly regarded family law attorneys at Warren Major LLP can help you reach a fair and equitable Child Custody and Visitation Agreement.
Please contact us to discuss your family law needs.
Warren Major LLP